Life is not measured by the moments we breathe but by the moments that take our breath away.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Hello...
Well, Dad had his evaluation today, what there was of it, and he will be moving in the nursing home on Thursday. They had a miniature horse there today in the courtyard for the residents to pet, so Dad got to pet it. I think he'll get good care there and it's literally only a couple minutes down the road. His roommate sleeps all day as well and they don't feel Dad will bother him at all with his antics. They seem to pay more attention to a person than the workers at the Altoona nursing home did. I'm thinking after he adjusts he will be content and like it there. I think nursing homes are a good thing if the person is getting the care they should. There are some places that shouldn't be in business, but I think this one is a good one. It's nothing fancy by any means, but the care is good. He can't see the walls anyway (: He cares about a good place to sleep, having someone near him and getting something to eat when he's hungry. They can fill all those needs there. Alicia has a class tonight so I'm off to that. Mom could probably use some encouraging words. It's a hard decision for her to make. Sometime's dad will say, "Ma, what are you doing this to me for?" and she'll probably hear it plenty on Thursday. It hasn't stuck with him that he'll be going there so far. Thanks for visiting! ~Sandy~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, I just read this update and then kept scrolling and realized I have not been keeping up. How is your dad adjusting to life in the nursing home? And your mom? Is she adjusting well?
Post a Comment